Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knitters Unite!

Last night I snuck out of the house on a little adventure. My Mom had informed me that a favorite author of ours was going to be speaking at my local knitters guild. I convinced my friend Sara to tag along with me, not knowing what we would encounter. After a bite to eat and a little catching up, we headed off to the meeting. The meeting started at 7pm, but on their website they said the doors opened at 6pm. We didn't know why until we arrived to a completely full parking lot!

As we entered the banquet hall we could barely find a seat among the 300+ women (and one guy). We couldn't believe it! Women young and old were waiting anxiously for the meeting to start, while furiously knitting away. The speaker, Susan Anderson, is a local author who has written three really neat books. Her blog is also a hit... www.susanbanderson.blogspot.com . Susan definitely won over the crowd with her funny stories and cute projects. She is currently on tour for her new book Itty Bitty Toys. Even though I felt silly among the expert knitters around us, I was definitely inspired to try my hand at some of those adorable toys. Here is a link to a free pattern of one of her designs (for any knitters out there)... www.petitepurls.com (go to Patterns and click on the lamb).

1 comment:

mpoore said...

I wish I could have been there. I received 4 patterns from Susan today, and I can't decide which to stitch first. Have you started any of the toys?