Thursday, October 15, 2009

Month Eight

I know, I know...I should be enjoying my free nights with no baby crying and demanding my every moment. But for a gal who has never seen the other side, I am anxious to enter over to it.

I'm 35 weeks and counting down the weeks, days, and moments until Adeline's arrival. That's right, Alex and I have decided to name our lil daughter Adeline. Sometimes it seems like her arrival is so far away and other days it feels fast approaching.

We have pretty much everything ready for Adeline. Our classes are almost done, nursery complete, laundry clean, and the diapers are ready for their duty. While the material stuff is all ready to go, I wonder how ready Alex and I will be. As much as you read and learn, how can you truly prepare for a change like this? I often ponder what will be our struggles? Is it possible to prepare anymore? I am thankful for a best friend like Alex to begin this journey with and I eagerly await seeing him hold our daughter in his arms.

So for now we wait. We shall see if she is an early bird, right on time, or a late arrival. We'll keep you posted =)

No comments: